Information & Tips
81 Boulder Avenue, Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
GOOD TO KNOW
THE HIGHWAY (HWY 37)
- Most of the highway is paved or seal-coated.
- There is NO CELL PHONE SERVICE along Highway 37.
- Check DriveBC for current road conditions. The road conditions vary depending on the weather and time of the year.
- Be alert for bears and other wildlife near the road. Do not feed the animals or get out of your vehicle to take pictures.
- There are some single-lane bridges.
- There is commercial and industrial traffic along the highway 24 hours a day.
- Maintenance and road construction is ongoing throughout the year. Expect some delays.
WHAT’S IN DEASE LAKE?
- Grocery store
- Gas station
- Liquor store
- Commercial and private vehicle repairs
- Towing service
- RV and camping spots
- Take-out restaurants *seasonal hours
- Dine-in or take-out pizzeria (located in the Northway Motor Inn) *seasonal hours
- Stikine Health Clinic (local hospital)
- Police, fire, and ambulance
1. NO CELL SERVICE
There is no cell service in Dease Lake or along Highway 37, from Kitwanga to the Alaska Highway Junction. Guests have access to WiFi at the hotel.
2. BRING FOOD
There are limited options for food along Highway 37 and in Dease Lake. Dease Lake’s local grocery store is well-stocked, but it closes at 7 pm on weekdays and 6 pm on Sundays. Bring snacks!
During the summer months (June – September), we are very busy. To guarantee a room, please reserve at least 24 hours before your expected arrival date.
4. CHECK THE ROADS
5. FILL UP YOUR GAS
There are gas stations in Kitwanga, Meziadian Junction (pay at the pump), Bell II, Iskut (pay at the pump), Dease Lake and at the Alaska Highway Junction. Check your fuel level regularly.
6. WATCH FOR WILDLIFE
You are likely to see wildlife along Highway 37. Do not feed the animals or get out of your vehicle to take pictures.
Checkin & Checkout
Guests can check-in after 3pm.
Check-out time is 11am.
Please cancel your reservation up to 24-hours before scheduled arrival date to avoid cancellation fees.